19.7.12

Wednesday - 7/18/12 - Cats Go To Vet

Wednesday - 7/18/12

Charles is helping me take the cats to the vet today.  He's going to be here around 7:30, then we'll go.  The drop-off time is 8.  I'm worried he might not remember.  He hasn't called.  I call him.  He had remembered.  He says he's on his way.  I've decided I want the kitten to have some petting beforehand.  Since Charles is on his way, now is the time!  I go into the bathroom, put on my gardening gloves, catch him, then take them off to pet him.  After we practice petting for awhile, I close him in the cat carrier and go back into the living room, giving him some quiet time.

At the Humane Society they say I'll need to pick the Momma cat up tomorrow morning, but I may need to pick the kitten up tonight, depending on how wild he is.  I hadn't thought about needing to pick them up!  How funny!  I'm not available for it tonight!  I won't have a car, and I'll be working at Avalon.  I decide not to say anything and just assume everything will work out.  I have my Grandkids and the car that goes with them tomorrow.  So I should be able to manage picking them up.

Charles is going to be the backup for picking the kitten up tonight, but he really doesn't want to.  If the vet's office calls for me to pick him up early, I'm going to try to get them to change their minds.

Hey!  I'm home and there aren't any cats here!  I can go freely in and out of my bathroom without watching to see if someone's getting out!  Woo Hoo!   I'd waited this morning to wash my hair so I could enjoy this moment!  Wet hair coming up!

I need to leave for work by 11:20.  I'm packing the backpack for a sleepover tonight, as well as bringing the picnic blanket and anything I think I'll need for the fair tomorrow.

I want to bring the new day-pack to use at the fair.  That way I won't have to unpack the backpack for the fair, I'll just pack the empty day-pack.  I'm not sure how to bring it with me.  It won't fold and doesn't fit into the backpack.  I end up tying it and the picnic blanket on top of the backpack.  It feels like there should be a better way of managing this.

On the bus, I sit on one of the inward facing seats.  Across from me is a Dad and his little boy.  The boy has a Mickey Mouse shirt on.  I ask if they're going to Disneyland, they say "yes."  The little boy says "D-land."  The lady next to me asks how old the boy is.  He's 2.  I tell them I know they'll have fun there!  Then, I ask if the Dad's heard about the OC Metro deal for the fair.  I tell him if they want to go to the fair on another day they can ride this bus to the park-and-ride, then ride the special bus straight down to the fair and metro gives them a coupon to get in for $2!  The lady next to me and I spend time telling him about the fair.  She makes a point of telling him the fair doesn't end till the 12th of August.  So, they have time to recuperate from Disneyland before going.  The Dad asks what the bus number for the special bus is.  I look it up on my phone and tell him it's the 633.  That's easy even I can remember the times!  Apparently it leaves every hour on the hour from station 1 there at the Fullerton Park and Ride.  I think it's such a great deal that you get cheaper entrance to the fair if you ride one of the special buses in!  I wish they'd put fliers for that on the LA buses.  Maybe I'll grab some later and put them on the 460 sometime when I'm traveling.

The little boy lights up when we get near Disneyland.  It's so fun to watch!

I've realized I don't have enough food at Avalon!  I've been intending to eat lunch there and I also want to take something from there for dinner tonight at the park.  I think I have one frozen burrito there.  That won't be enough.  Well, I'm running a little early (I managed to catch an earlier bus from Disneyland.)  I think I'll stop at Mother's Market first, buy a few items, then take the bus from there to Avalon.

I bought one or two too many things.  I'm at Avalon trying to fit all the frozen food that isn't going to be cooked today into the tiny freezer and it's not working!  The freezer needs defrosted.  I'm sitting on the floor using a screwdriver and hammer to chip the ice away to make room for my purchases.

I managed it!  Everything's in the freezer (except for the food being cooked today.)  You know, I just realized, this freezer looks like it's supposed to have a door on it, and it doesn't.  I know my boss bought the refrigerator used.  I always assumed it was just like that and that closing the main door made the seal somehow.  How funny!  I'll have to look and see if I can find a door for it on eBay or something.

I'm going to the free concert in Hart Park before heading over to Tracye's.  They've got "The Wise Guys" playing.  It's a 18-piece big band orchestra.  Last year they had a big band group play while I was out of town.  I'm excited to finally get to hear them!  I'm also looking forward to doing the fun, downhill scooter ride to the park again!  Though I feel a little weird about not watching the evening movie with my Grandkids. It's hard when you can't do everything!

The park isn't as packed as it was last week.  Apparently big band sounds isn't as good of a draw as The Beatles.  I find a spot on the grass, near the volleyball courts where we were last time.



I'm enjoying being here, laying on the ground, listening to the music and watching the clouds.  They're doing a lot of Frank Sinatra type songs, occasionally shifting to Spanish ones.  On the whole I haven't liked them that much, though have been a few songs I really enjoyed.  I probably won't come again to see them.  The spokesman said they weren't here last year.  The band I missed must have been a different one.  I wonder if I would have liked them better?

It's almost dark.  The band has stopped and it's time to go to Tracye's.  I've gotten turned around on these streets before.  I could go through the park and take the bike path back.  I don't want to deal with the crowds that way though and it'd be mostly up hill.  Definitely not as much fun.  I'm going to try going there on the roads again.  It'll be interesting to see how easily I make it to their place.  It would be easier in the light.  

Bam!  Ow!!!   Shoot!  I didn't see the change in sidewalk heights and ran right into it.  I went down hard too!  Right on top of the back wheel cover!  I'll leave it to your imagination what part landed hard on the wheel cover, but ouch!!  I stand up quickly and move on trying not to draw attention.  Wow.  That hurts!  Oh!  That's just funny!  I was going down the wrong street!  This isn't a street, it's another entrance into the park.  I shouldn't have even been on this road!  I'll have to turn around and go back.

I'm moving really slowly and being very cautious at all sidewalk shadows.  Once I got off that street, I easily found the way to Tracye's.  I should be there soon.

I'm at Tracye's now.  Logan's in the living room watching Tangled.  Christina's in bed already.  Tracye says I can go in and say goodnight to her.  She's not quite asleep.  After saying goodnight to Christina, I go back to the living room and sit to watch the rest of the movie with Logan.  I love this movie! 


Hmmm...  my sock has a bit of blood on it, right at the ankle.  I guess I did hit hard!  Thank goodness I carry latex-free bandaids with me (I'm allergic to the latex in most bandaids)!  I'll have to remember put a bandaid on before I go to bed. 








No comments:

Post a Comment