24.7.12

Tuesday - 7/24/12 - Caught Another Cat

Tuesday - 7/24/12

On my way to put the trash in the dumpster, I open the fence behind the laundry room and check the cat trap.  I've caught another feral cat!  This one is definitely feral.  There isn't any way I know of to tame a feral adult cat.  I've got to call animal control and send it off.  This is the first one I've had to send off.  It's spilled the water.  I get it some more.  It's trying to attack me as I pour water into the cage for it.  Animal control says they will come today, but might not be able to come by 4pm (when I need to leave.)  I tell them to call me when they get here.  If I need to, I'll talk them through how to find the cat.



I'm packing for tonight's sleep over at Tracye's when animal control calls.  They're here.  I go out, let him in the gate and show him where to park.  He deftly lifts the cage out of where it is, without getting scratched, sets it on the ground outside and puts a cage that's the same size around, but smaller in depth next to the front of ours.  It's interesting that his trap fits ours.  I guess all cat traps must be about the same size height and width.  He scares the cat out of our trap into his, then closes the gate between and puts the cat into his truck.  It's all over quickly.  He couldn't have been here a whole ten minutes.

I've missed the 128 bus I was going to take.  I'm not sure what time the 460 was going to come.  I don't know if I've missed that or not.  I decide to chance it and head out to the alternate stop.

I've learned that the fact there are people waiting at the stop doesn't always mean anything, but there are people waiting at the stop.  I'm hopeful I've gotten here in time for the 460 I was supposed to catch.

There's an Iranian lady here.  She's thrilled with my scooter.  I think she might end up getting herself one.  It is the best way to travel to and from the bus!  She says she's new in the area.  She moved here from New York and is having a hard time figuring out how to do things here.

After a while, I check Google maps.  It says the 460 is long gone (it must have come before I got here) and gives me a different way to get to Tracye's.  I'll get there a half hour later.  I think about texting Tracye to say I'll be late, but decide to wait until I get on the last bus so I'll truly know when I'll get there.

Wait!  There's the bus!  It's too early to be the next bus.  It must be the 460 I was aiming for, but it's about 15 minutes late!

Standing room only.  I stand, trying not to hit anyone with my scooter or backpack.

I decide to get off at the stop I was originally supposed to transfer at.  I haven't been able to check bus schedules to see if I can make the connecting bus, but it's worth a try.  If this bus is late, that one might be too.  I get off and look at the schedule.  The next bus is due in one minute!  Here it comes!

Lots of space on this bus.  I sit back and relax.  My next transfer is at Chapman.  I'll wait for the 54 bus there.

The bus is filling up now.  I always find the ebb and flow of passengers on a bus line interesting.

I'm at the stop for the 54.  There's a trash can here that's overflowing.  There's trash all over the ground too.  It won't do any good for me to pick up trash, there's no where to put it.  It's possible people tried to throw their trash away and it blew all over the place since the trash can was overflowing.  Maybe not, maybe they were just messy people, but I like to think the best of people.



I like the look of my shadow on the sidewalk.  I took a picture of it to share with you.  I'd already taken my backpack off and set it on the ground.



Somehow one of the buses I caught was an earlier one than Google Maps had scheduled for me.  I'm arriving at the last bus stop earlier than I would have with the original schedule...  even with the missing the 128, even with the 460 being so late!

I missed my stop!  I accidentally went one more stop than I needed to.  That's no problem!  I'm just across Tustin.  There's plenty of time.  I'll just cross the street and go down Tustin rather than the side streets I normally travel.

Next to the road is a pair of shorts...  It makes me remember the pair of shoes I saw the other day.  I don't understand good clothes being by the side of the road.  I passed them, then went back and took a picture of them.  Maybe at the end of all this I'll make some sort of collage of all the clothing pictures I've taken.


No comments:

Post a Comment