10.7.12

Tuesday - 7/10/12 - The Wardrobe Leaves

Tuesday - 7/10/12

It's 4 in the morning.  I just heard something fall in the living room, and the TV starting playing.  The kitten must have jiggled the computer mouse or something.  I guess he's still in the apartment!  I'm tired, but I drag myself out of bed to look for him.

I can't find him anywhere.  He ate two of the tuna dishes I left.  So, I know he's here.  Maybe it's enough to just know that.  Maybe I'll go back to bed.  Wait, I can't do that.  I need to catch him so he won't get out when Greg comes to take the wardrobe closet.  I turn the lights off and lay down on the couch.  If I'm quiet maybe he'll start moving around.  If he doesn't, maybe I'll fall asleep.

I found him!  We had an interesting chase around the apartment.  He must have gone to every good spot for a kitten to hide.  I could tell he'd researched during the day.  He was so quick and so quiet about it!  I'd find him and zip, he'd be gone, across the room.  He'd suddenly be under the wardrobe, or over in back of the refrigerator!  His downfall was trying to hide next to a pile of re-useable bags.  There was no way for him to zip out from there.  He bit my hand though, right at the knuckle too!  It hurts!  Silly kitty!

Now that he's back in the bathroom (hiding in the box with the bath salts again,) I'm going back to bed!

It's a little after 8.  It was nice to sleep in a bit.  I need to figure out my schedule.  Greg's coming to pick up the wardrobe and is also taking me to lunch.  It's Tuesday, so if I can, I should go to the farmer's market.  I'm texting Greg to see when he's coming.  He says he'll be here around 11.  If I'm going to go to the farmer's market, I should go now.  Shoot!  I just realized I don't have any cash!  I'll have to go to the bank and deposit my check first.  I wonder if I can catch a bus to the one at Pioneer and Artesia?  I just checked Google maps.  It says I can, if I leave in the next few minutes.  Hey, while I'm there I'll check the dollar store for more of the water bladders!

The phone's ringing. I can leave and not answer or answer and hope it's a short call.  I'm not good at not answering.  It's someone wanting information about the apartments.  He's asking every question in the book, and I told him I don't have an apartment available!  This is turning into a long call!  He's very nice though.  He does seem like someone I'd want for a tenant.  Finally we're off the phone!  I know I probably missed the bus, but I decide to try for it anyway.  Maybe it's running late!

I'm at the stop.  I can't see a bus anywhere down the street.  I check Google maps.  It says the bus should have gone by 7 minutes ago.  Even if it was late, this one wouldn't be that late.  I've missed it.  Google says there won't be another one for almost an hour.  The bank's not that far away, but I need to get there, back to the Farmer's market and back home all in time to clear out the wardrobe before Greg gets there at 11.  I could wait for he next bus, or try going to the other bank, or give up and go home.  The bank just doesn't seem that far away and it's a lovely sunny day.  I'm going to skip the bus and use the scooter to get there.

Once again the dollar store didn't have water bladders.  I may have to give up on finding more of those, but I really love the ones I have.  One of the people working at the bank asks me what I'm planning to do today.  I tell her I'm going to the Farmer's market.  She didn't know about this one so I told her how to get there.  She tells me there's a new Farmer's market in Downey.  It's on Saturday mornings, the same time as the one in Cerritos.  I just looked that one up this morning.  So, I tell her about that one too.

It's a hot day.  I wish I'd thought to bring some water.  I hadn't planned on doing this much scootering!

At the farmers market.  I buy some organic plums, nectarines and avocados.  Then move down to the vegetable booth.  There's only one fruit booth and one vegetable booth at this farmer's market that have organics.  As far as I'm concerned, those are the only two booths here.  They have more of that wonderful white corn!  Yay!  I buy those, zucchini, broccoli, cabbage and green beans. Then I step away from the booth and rearrange everything.  To save time I had her put everything into one of my reusable bags.  Now, I'm putting the heavy items in my backpack.  Then the bag with the fruit in it is slung over my shoulder to keep from damaging anything on the way home.  I bet I look totally silly on a scooter with a heavy backpack and then a bag slung over my shoulder, but it works!

On the way home I have this thought that I'm trying to teach the kitten to be less feral and at the same time, trying to teach myself to be more feral.  It's an interesting world.

I'm home.  Greg will be here in less than half an hour.  I start moving things out of the wardrobe.  He calls and says he asked Charles to come help and Charles can't come till after lunch.  So, he'd like to come at noon instead, have us go out to lunch and then meet Charles back at my place for the move.  Well, that gives me more time to unload things and make sure the path is clear for the wardrobe to move out of the apartment.  It's a good thing!  I'm hungry though.  Avoiding eating until lunch is going to be the tricky part!

Everything's ready for the move.  I'm starving!  I'm browsing through the entertainment book, looking for places we might go for lunch; partly because I want to go someplace new, partly because I love using the coupons and partly because it's helping to keep my mind distracted and me away from the food that's in the kitchen.

Greg and I are at a place called the "Little India Grill" in Artesia.  It's a fast-food Indian place.  We found it through the entertainment book, but the guys saying he won't honor the coupon.  Normally, I would turn and walk away.  We're both hungry so we're going to eat here anyway, but I'm frustrated.  We specifically came here because of the coupon.  Not being able to use it doesn't seem right.  The food is OK.   It's not terrific, but it is healthy fast food.

Moving the wardrobe is going as smooth as clockwork.  It's funny.  I've missed spending time with both of these guys and here they both show up on the same day, planning to breeze in, move the wardrobe and then leave.  Greg and I did get to spend some time during lunch.  Still, it's funny.  I ask Charles to stay for a bit so I can try and bat around / come up with ideas for Burning Man.  I'm going.  This year wasn't supposed to be about doing without, it was supposed to be about doing things differently.  I've always had a motorhome, every time I've gone.  This year, I don't have a motorhome (sold it after it broke) and I'm certainly not going to rent one.  I may end up having to borrow a tent and stay in a tent, or ????  Also, I need to find a ride out there and back.  Charles just had an inspiration!  He knows someone who rents out spaces in their bus to help pay for the gas to get there.  That could be a terrific option!  I'd have a place to stay, kitchen privileges, and a ride there and back!

Charles called him and asked and they are looking for people to share with!  It might be a good fit!  However, they're going out earlier than I was planning to, and I don't have the early entry pass for that.  We'll have to see if I can get one.  Anyway, at least things are going forward!


No comments:

Post a Comment