23.7.12

Monday - 7/23/12 - Wrong Keys!

Monday - 7/23/12

I couldn't sleep again last night.  This is becoming a bad pattern!  Why do I have problems sleeping on Sunday nights?!   I'm partly prepped for today.  I'm going to lay back down for 15 minutes.  Maybe that'll help me feel more rested.

Shoot!  Somehow I overslept!  I only have 15 minutes before I have to leave!  I bet I'll end up going to the alternate stop today!  Sigh.

I waited till I was done with everything else to put the cone collar back on the cat and put her into the bathroom.  I don't have time now, but it's got to happen.  This is what'll make it so I need to go to the alternate stop.

I'm finally grabbing my things to leave.  I'm glad I attached the sleeping bag to the backpack last night.  It's easier not to have to do it when I'm rushing.  The light just went out!  I open the door to see if it's my place or the whole complex.  It's the whole complex.  Now what do I do?   I may need to stay and deal with this.  If it's a problem with our complex I might need to call someone.  The street lights are out too.  It's a city problem.  I can go.  They'll get it fixed.  I put on my backpack, grab the keys, lock the door and start to leave.   The lights just came on!   Yay!   Now I don't need to worry about it!

I'm definitely late now.  I might not make the bus, but I have to try.  I like getting to the Yoga Center at the earlier time.

I'm almost to the bus stop.  I'm sure I've missed it.  I'm sure it's already gone by.  Oh no!  There it is!  It's pulling up to the light!  I'm on the opposite street corner, catercorner from the stop!  I try waving to the bus. No dice.  The driver went on.

Wow.  That's depressing.  Nothing to do now but wait for the next bus.

I'm hoping we'll get to Disneyland a little early, or the 43 bus will be running a little late so I can catch the earlier one.

There's the 43!  Yay!  I check the schedule for the 55 (my next bus) with Google Maps.  Wow!  I never realized that!  The 55 apparently runs every 7 minutes at this time of day!  No wonder why I keep seeing a 55 bus right after I get off one!  I'll definitely be able to catch it and take it to the Yoga Center and be a few minutes early.  Yay!

I'm at the Yoga Center.  There are a few students here waiting.  I pull my keys out of my pocket.  Wait...  that's a garage remote.  I've got the wrong set of keys!  This set doesn't have the Yoga Center key!  Arrrgggg!

I search my pockets and everything else hoping somehow I have the other set of keys too.  I don't.  When I grabbed for keys in the dark I must have grabbed the wrong keys and then not noticed since I was distracted by the power outage.

I'm calling everyone I know who lives close and has a key.  So far, no one's answered.

I got ahold of Gaytri.  She doesn't live that close, but has agreed to call Vimukti again for me (Vimukti lives the closest.)  In the meantime, we're going to do standing postures here on the balcony!

We're at the end of the standing postures when one of the students announces that the key's here!  Vimukti let's us in, loans me the key and leaves.  The students spread out their mats and lay down, relaxing in savasana.


No comments:

Post a Comment