3.9.12

Monday - 9/3/12 - On The Way Home

Monday - 9/3/12



We're on our way home from Burning Man.  We left in the middle of the night last night, after the temple burn, along with thousands of other people.  Exodus was long, hours, 6 or more lanes of cars barely moving in the dark.  I would doze a little, then wake up, talk with Dreamy, then doze again.

I hadn't known we'd be leaving when we did.  I stayed up all Saturday night.  I'm grateful he's driving, it gives me a chance to relax.

It's breakfast time and we need to stretch.  Dreamy is teaching me to use Yelp to find vegan restaurants.  I use my new-found skill and find a restaurant that's on the way and will be open soon.  The winner is: Baagan in Roseville, CA.

We''re here a few minutes before they open.  It's a good to walk and stretch.

I order the grilled eggplant sandwich special and some "slim" tea that she says is about detoxing.  I just want some hot tea and the ingredients sound yummy.  We get our food to go and head out.

The eggplant sandwich is great!  I wish I'd gotten a second one for the road!  I have to remember to use Yelp to find places.  We've had great luck with it on this trip!

Home finally.  We unload my things into the apartment, and say goodbye.  Dreamy leaves, off to his place.  I don't envy his job of cleaning the rental van.

The trip was very enjoyable.  He was a great conversationalist.  I'm glad we rode together.

Me, I'm longing for a bath and a long sleep.  I think I'll go find those.

No comments:

Post a Comment