5.9.12

Wednesday - 9/5/12 - Bike!

Wednesday - 9/5/12

I have to start officially telling people I'm back.  I've been avoiding that, enjoying the quiet.  Enjoying being home.

First things first though.  I need to do the monthly accounting.  See where my finances are.  I expect I will have created a little more debt in this last month.  Vacations do that.  I tried to keep it minimal.  Hopefully that helps.

Wow!  It turns out I went down a whole $10 from where I was last month.  That's great!  Sure, I'd prefer to have paid off a lot more, but for this month, I'm just happy I didn't add more!

The next challenge is paying the bills.  I have checks in my hand for $275, but the bills for the first part of the month come to a little over $500.  I know there's more money coming, and if I can get the almost eviction people to pay I will get a bonus for August, which would help.  Somehow it will happen.  I'm supposed to be babysitting soon too.  Everything helps.

Tracye texted, I told her I'm back.  She's back to working night shifts.  I didn't like that last time, trying to keep the kids quiet while she sleeps.  We worked it out though.  It'll be OK   

Well, maybe it won't be OK.  All the babysitting dates we had scheduled have been canceled.  She needs different days now.  It sounds like she only needs help on Mondays.  I can't babysit on Mondays.  I don't like leaving her in the lurch.  I don't like missing those opportunities to be with the kids.  Fortunately, she needs me to watch the kids for her a couple of other times, so I've still got time scheduled with them.  I'll have to start scheduling times to go over and take them for awhile.

Six months without being the main babysitter!  I don't like that at all.  I keep trying to think of a way to be able to babysit on Mondays.  It's a big day for Avalon, and I teach yoga in the morning.  Neither of them are easily changeable.  It just doesn't seem doable, not without quitting.  Tracye says she'll try and work something out.  I hope she does.  Somehow there's a blessing in all of this.  I'm just not seeing it right now.

I'm worried my one automatic credit card payment will post tonight.  There's no money in my bank account.  I want to stay home, but it's important to have the money there.  I decide to take my bike for it's first run and deposit the checks.  This is major.  The bank isn't far, but if I can do it without hurting my knee, then I'll know the bike will work out.

I did it!  All the way to the bank and back and my knee is OK!  My knee is saying I did a different type of exercise.  That's to be expected.  It isn't the horrible pain I've had before though!  I have a bike and it's usable!!

It's evening.  I'm trying again with the cat.  He seems like he's warming up to being petted, almost like a "normal" kitty, well, except he isn't moving around at all.  He's still playing "captive."  We're sitting on the couch watching "The Dresden Files."






No comments:

Post a Comment