7.9.12

Friday - 9/7/12 - Long Day

Friday - 9/7/12

The good news is that I fixed the iPod. I'm back to being woken up gently with nice, comforting music. The bad news is that it's time to get up. I know I slept some during the day yesterday. Still it feels wrong to get up after only an hour of sleep.

I have to get up and get around, get the deposit ready for villa Tuscany.

I think I'm leaving on time to make it to the bus at the closer stop. I hope so. I'm not ready for that extra 1/2 mile of trip. Ok. I'm not ready for any of it, but I'm going to do it. This decision is make or break. If I miss the bus because of going to the closer stop, there's no way to go back and do over and everything becomes harder. I still think I'm on time. I head to the closer stop.

I'm not quite to the corner when I see the bus. It's coming up to the stoplight. The light's green. I'll miss the bus! I've got one moment to choose and take one chance. I can rush for the bus stop and make it. My experience is that the drivers don't stop then. They don't see someone rushing on a scooter as equaling someone running for the bus. On the other hand, they don't have to stop for you if you aren't at the official stop. I decide to stand here, on the corner and wave, rather than rushing for the stop. The bus is pulling over! He's seen me and is going to stop fat the stop and wait for me! Terrific!!

My bus pass expired yesterday. I thought I had today yet. Oh well, I'll buy a daily OCTA pass for today. Thank goodness I'd already arranged with RJ to bring a pass for me to the office this afternoon! I'm sending him an email now to remind him (thank goodness for smart phones!)

Waiting for the 55, I'm feeling like I'm back in the old routine I pull out a rubber glove and start picking up trash. It's nice to feel like you're making a difference somewhere.

I stop at staples and home depot on the way to work. I'm hungry, but that can wait. I have apartments to rent.

I have to go look at the one vacant apartment, make sure there's a sign out front and see what I need for the open house tomorrow.

The day was so busy! I didn't notice that RJ never came with the bus pass! Now what do I do?! I need to buy and use one before I leave orange county so I can easily come down for the open house tomorrow. I know I can buy them at Ralph's groceries, but the one I know of is in the opposite direction. I look up sales places on the octa web site. Some check cashing places sell them! There's one on the way to the bus. I wonder if it's the right type?!

It isn't. Look, there's another one! It isn't the right type either.

At the bus stop I try again for places that sell the bus passes. Look! The Von's at harbor and Adams sells them!

I keep checking for quicker routes as I travel to harbor.

I debate using the scooter to get to harbor and adams, But the bus is due soon. It may be farther away than it seems too.

The bus is late. Really late. I think they may have just skipped one.

While we are waiting this sweet lady from India asks me to show her how to get the bus schedule by texting. I show her how. It would be easier to explain if this bus stop had more than one bus that comes here. Still, I think I got it All across.

a part of me wants to just stay on the 43 and go home. I know that's the wrong choice. I need a pass for tomorrow I'm tired though. I check with google maps. It says there will be another 43 by in just a few minutes. If I can get the pass quickly and get back, I could get home by 9:30.

At vons. They do sell buss passes, but only 9 to 5! How was I supposed to know that?!



No comments:

Post a Comment