4.9.12

Tuesday - 9/4/12 - Resting

Tuesday - 9/4/12

This must be my third time laying down "to rest," then falling asleep.  All I seem to be able to do is sleep.  I'll get up, do a little, then lay back down.

The cat will still tolerate being petted.  That's good.  He hissed at me when I picked him up.  I'm sitting here on the couch with him, watching Dragnet on TV.

Soon I need to clean everything I brought back with me and get ready for the rest of my stuff to arrive.  For now though, I'm enjoying a day off.  I wasn't supposed to be back yet.  It seems OK to relax, pretend that I'm not here.

My Avalon boss knows I'm back, or at least in cell range.  I had two apartments there about ready to go into the eviction process.  I've been trying to work with the tenants all day to keep the evictions from happening.  Fortunately, we got the people in unit 13 to move out.  I'm still working on getting unit 4 to either move out or pay.

People do this really silly thing when they get in over their heads.  They stop listening and communicating.  It's like the game you play with little children, where you cover your eyes and pretend they can't see you.  Somehow they think not communicating, ignoring everything will make it go away.  It doesn't.  It makes things worse.  I'm having a hard time getting the people from 4 to communicate with me.  I just have to keep trying.  An eviction isn't good for anyone.

It's the middle of the night.  The cat's crying.  I wonder if he's lonesome.  I go into the bathroom and am greeted by this spitting, hissing ball, that quickly rushes back into the cabinet.  He's not getting used to me.  We can't live like this forever, with him locked in my bathroom, living in the bathroom cabinet.  Yet, I feel responsible for him and want him to stay safe.  I wonder if I could find a farm or something for him to live on, to be an outdoor kitty?  I wonder if he knows how to hunt, if he'd remember?




No comments:

Post a Comment