31.1.12

This is a blessing - 1/30/12

Funny! I was just rushing to catch a bus (that I had plenty of time to catch). I'd only been at this bus stop once or twice before. Anyway, in the dark and with the rushing I totally missed it! I went about a block past it before I realized my mistake and went back. Fortunately, I did have plenty of time!

 I have now figured out how to make the deposits for both of my jobs and it is easy, nice and pleasant.  I just go a couple of stops extra on the last bus of the morning, drop off the deposits and then scooter back to the yoga center.  One more thing to learn checked off the list! Yay!

 Last night / today was really the first time I've shared the goal of doing this for a year with a lot of my friends and family. I must be saying something incorrectly. I'm getting a lot of comments from people saying that they are so sorry I'm going through this, or that they are so sorry this happened to my car. I don't feel that way though.   The last few years I've come to realize that everything that happens in my life is a blessing, no matter how it may seem at the time. I know that this is also a blessing and I am thankful for it happening because I know that it is a blessing.

I don't know why this happened in my life right now, and yep, I would't have chosen this way on my own, without the car needing a transmission, but there are blessings involved. I've already thought of several:
     I got to get and learn how to ride a scooter, which is something I've been wanting to do.
     I'm out more in the sunshine.
     I'm building up different leg and arm muscles.
     I am learning how to use a bus system. I could help anyone with that now!
     It is slowing down my life a bit, making me take more time just to breathe and maybe I needed that.
     I seem to have a lot more time to be social with friends and family's we ride together to go places.
     I'm learning how to be on time.
     I'm keeping my brain from shrinking by learning new things.
     I have time to listen to audio books.
     I often take time on the bus rides to ask God to bless everyone on the bus and all the cities we are going through. I love doing this!
     I've always been this person who brings everything because I can and because it "might" be needed and I'm definitely learning to bring less and trust that anything I need will show up.
     I get to spend time practicing being grounded and centered in the now without having to think about traffic.
     Most importantly, I get to spend time focusing on paying down my debt without having to worry about car maintenance or insurance, which is huge! ...and, at the end of it all, I will still have my car!  (which I think is awesome and wonderful!)


I wanted to let people know that I've decided to let them put ads at the side of my blog.  I don't notice that kind of ad any more.  So, I think that it isn't too annoying and by doing that, I may earn a little bit of extra money to help pay off the debt.

I've had several people say that if they could, they'd give me a car.  For me, right now, this is no longer about the car.  Yes, in a year, I will need to do something about my car.  Right now though, this is about paying down (or off) my credit debt.  I owe about $30,000 in debt.  That is more than I make in a year.  So, without help I won't be debt free at the end of this.  But, I will be in better shape!  Anyway, if you want to do something to help, paypal one dollar to me.  I don't want to impact anyone else's' finances and I feel silly putting in a request for help, I mean, I created the debt and I should get myself out of it.  On the other hand, every dollar does help and would be appreciated.  I promise any money sent will go toward paying off debt and will NOT go toward fixing the car.  Paypal id:  kshmx-financialfreedom (at) yahoo.com.

Oh and if you know of anyone who might have faith in me and refinance the whole amount with a lower interest rate, please show them this blog and help them get in touch with me.  I'm thinking that would have to be a private person, as I tried that through agencies and was refused last year.  I do make all of my payments in time and I am a different person now and would not run up debt again.


(I wrote this from the bus last night and then saved it rather than publishing right away.  That was a good thing!  Everything was all run together and there were several mis-types from bus shaking.  I'm thinking that in the future I can publish from the bus, but will go back and clean it up and make it more readable as soon as possible.)


No comments:

Post a Comment