26.1.12

The Car Goes Home 1/22/12

Saturday (1/21/12)

I work for Event Solutions today.
I'm lucky.  It had been suggested that we carpool to this event.  So, I got to ride in a carpool both there and home.
I'm realizing that leaving the car behind in some ways means that I get to be more social.  I like that.  :-)


Sunday (1/22/12)

I had to get up early to catch a bus to Costa Mesa for Sunday Morning celebration.  That is hard.  We worked late last night.  I didn't get home till 1am.  But, I really want to go to the service and you do what it takes to do that.

This was a special event, it was wonderful, but ran late and I was happy to stay for all of it.  Afterward, Mary and I went to lunch at Saagar, a local Indian restaurant.  By the time I was free it was fairly late and I have to be back in Costa Mesa for class this evening.  I had been planning to go and visit Charles and Lola.  I called and said I was on my way and had Mary drop me off at the bus stop, as she has other plans.  I had looked it up and found that the buses ran that route all day, so I have no worries of getting there.  Apparently a bus had just gone by though, the next bus would have been in almost an hour, add that to the 2 hour bus trip there and the fact that there will be another 2 hour bus trip back to Costa Mesa for class and it didn't make sense to go.  I would just have gotten there and had to turn around.

It is weird, having to just hang out in a city, without anything I need to "do"...  and time on my hands.  I'm not used to that.  I have to somehow adjust my thinking.

It was worth it to go to class.  I enjoyed it a great deal.

After class, it was time to take my car home.  I need to turn off the car insurance and that means that the car needs to be home in the garage.  Mary drove me to the car and waited to make sure it started (which I knew it would).

The first mile or so the car kept not wanting to get into a real gear, well, except for the lowest one, and was going about 5 miles an hour.  I kept thinking this would be a long trip at 5 miles an hour, but also being thankful that it was moving and for the knowledge that there would be light traffic so it would be an easy trip even at that.

Finally, it caught into gear right before I got on the highway and I maintained speed the whole way home so it didn't have a chance to complain again.  ;-)
It was a real trooper.  It went all the way home without any other problems!
It was SO nice driving my lovely car again too.  I think I had forgotten how wonderful it is.  Nice to be reminded.

Anyway, Yay!  One thing checked off the list!  The car is "safe" and in it's waiting spot, where I can watch over it and start it occasionally, etc...



No comments:

Post a Comment