26.1.12

Oops! 1/24/12

Tuesday (1/24/12)

Tuesday is normally one of my days "off."  I'm not actually off, I just do work at home, but I do really enjoy being home.

I was SO enjoying being home and relaxing and taking my time starting to work on things, when my girlfriend emailed and reminded me that we have class tonight!  Oops!  I had totally forgotten!  It is a special 4 week series and I do want to go, but there goes my nice, quiet day at home!

I have this big debate about using the connector bus to get to my main bus.  I don't normally have that option, I leave when it doesn't run.  For this, though I could do it.  So, I decided to give it a try.  I had the "normal" panic I have when I'm waiting at a new bus stop...  is this the right bus stop?  ...does this bus still run? ... will I make the connection in time?  ...etc..

The bus does run!  I did make my connection!  I had an extra charge as that was an LA Metro bus ($1.50), but it was a nice bus and I had a nice talk with the gentleman driving the bus.  He was very sweet.

I planned to read on the bus going down to Disneyland, but the universe had other plans.  I ended up talking with a nice gentleman who is retired and spends his days traveling around to different places on the bus system, just going where-ever the whim takes him.  He pointed out a "really good" restaurant (which specializes in Hot dogs)(which is only funny if you know that I'm Vegan) and told me that the La Palma Senior center is very nice and serves really good meals that are only $2.75.  Apparently the Norwalk Senior center also serves meals and they are only $2, but they aren't as good.

Class was great, as usual!

During class I had a break through thought that for my late nights I don't have to find someone to ride with who is going up to my home area, I just need to find someone who is going to, or passing by the Disneyland area, which would get me home way earlier.  I think I may have even found someone.  More on that in the future!

For tonight, even though it wasn't that late, I decided to give myself a break and accepted a ride from Jaitri and Henry.  I feel very watched over and taken care of.  Parking the car has actually been a blessing in a lot of ways, though I will be happy at the end of this time to get back to it.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment