27.1.12

A Great Day! 1/27/12

So far today is a great day!
I made all my bus connections!  (yay!)
I even figured out how to know when to pull the cord for the one stop (believe it or not this was a big deal for me.)

On the way down in the morning I listed to "Intuition" by Carolyn Myss.  She said something about how people expect that getting tuned into spirit is somehow going to give them this lovely, smooth life, where actually it is always teetering on the brink because spirit generally only leads you one step at a time and no one ever promised you it would be easy.  I'm probably horribly misquoting her since it was hours ago.  It reminded me though that one of the reasons I started this journey of riding the bus was because the thought of it absolutely terrified me and that told me that I was probably going in the right direction.  Now, now that I'm on this path it doesn't seem terrifying at all.

The moment I stepped out of the bus in Costa Mesa was awesome!  Costa Mesa was totally fogged in, which I hadn't been expecting, and the sky was all blues and pinks partly hidden by the fog.  It was gorgeous!

I like the time that I'm getting to the Yoga Center now.  Oddly, this is the time I've always wanted to get there by.  My whole life I've had a problem with getting places on time and I've been really working on that.  I wonder if part of this experience this year is to put me into a different mindset / mental place so that I no longer ever have trouble getting anywhere on time?  You are either on the bus when it leaves or you aren't.  There is a definite incentive to get to the bus stop on time!

I finally did it!  I called and canceled my car insurance!  ...well, ok, I changed it to comprehensive only...  which I know I don't need.  But, that will enable me to keep a history with my car insurance people and it's only about $100 a year (or so the lady on the phone said).  For some reason I kept procrastinating shutting off the car insurance.  I think that was one of the last "finalization" steps.  So, yay for me!  :-)

Mary emailed me to ask if I wanted to do something and I said yes, if she would then drive me home afterward.  Then, there was a whole missed communication.  I sat at work, wondering if she was going to come  or if I should rush out to go catch the bus.  Riding the bus is adding a whole different layer of "needing to know" and "time schedule" to my life that I'm definitely not used to.  If I don't leave right at the time my work day is over, then I miss the first bus and have to catch the next bus and it can push my getting home to an hour later.  It's not horrible, because I do still get home, but not preferable either.  Anyway, Mary did come and we went out to a little Vegan Asian place near where I live.  I really am enjoying the social of riding with people.  The time spent with them driving to and from someplace, rather than just meeting them somewhere seems to add an extra level of connection.


No comments:

Post a Comment