26.1.12

My Car Is Worth Fixing 1/13/12

On Friday (1/13/12), my friend Mary helped me go to the mechanic and pick up my car and drive it to my work (which is very close to the mechanic's).

We spent some time talking with John (my mechanic) and he thinks it is worth it to put the $3000 into the car.  He says everything else is good (except for the air conditioning needing a part - $300).  It is a good car, no leaks or anything.  So, I think he is right.

I spent some time thinking about it and decided that at this point, that is what I want to do...  to eventually have the transmission rebuilt, because I do love the car.  Some people have suggested selling this car for whatever I can get and then just buying something that runs with the money, but I remember the cars that were out there when I was searching for this one, and I think waiting to be able to fix this one would be a better option.

No comments:

Post a Comment