26.1.12

I have a scooter! ...oh and a skinned knee 1/15/12

Sunday (1/15/12)

A very nice couple gave me a scooter they had used for their grandson.  They aren't sure how to make it fold up, but think it will (folding will help with the bus trip).  I picked it up right after the morning retreat session.

When I got home I was tired...  but the scooter was calling me.  I tried it out just a little bit around in the driveway and I was a little wobbly, but it worked!  Yay to learning new things!

I decided to take it for a longer spin and went out of the complex to go around the block on the sidewalk.  I'm practicing kicking with both legs.  I seem to have better balance when kicking with my right foot...  which means I'm going to have to watch and make sure I also use and strengthen my left leg and foot.

It is a nice sunny afternoon and the people who see me all smile.  I'm not sure, but part of the smiles may be about seeing a slightly gray haired woman learning a scooter...  all good!  Nice to see people smile!  Such a lovely day too!

I did fine, all the way around the block!  ...then, bam!  I was on the ground!  It turns out that there was a fairly wide crack between the sidewalks that runs parallel to the road and my front wheel got caught in that.  I now have a very skinned up knee, and a shredded pair of pants (sigh).  Those were a nice pair of dark, forest green silk pants too (yes, I know, I should have changed before playing! - giggle!)

All in all though I'm really thrilled about the whole thing!  I'm even proud of my skinned knee!  Mark of honor or something!  I think this is definitely going to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment