14.8.12

Tuesday - 8/14/12 - Christina's birthday!

Tuesday - 8/14/12

Text Tracye to see if we're still getting together at 6:30for Christina's birthday. She says yes!

Tracye just texted me that I could borrow her car today if I wanted and return it tomorrow or Thursday. I decide to go ahead and do it. That way I can do the errands that have been stacking up. I text her back that I will borrow the car and will return it on thursday.

Checked to see when need to leave. It's really hard to figure out. I can't get google maps to use my "regular" bus stop. Since it's daytime and the 128 is running, it wants me to take that bus to my alternate stop. It's such a nice day,I don't see a reason to do that. I'd rather just catch the 460 at my regular stop. If I can figure out when to leAve for it. I gave up in google maps, except for letting me know which bus I need to get on. I'm checking the bus schedule for times. Ok. I think if I leave 20 minutes to get to the bus stop I should be fine.

Maint people out to work on apts
Phone person out to work on Verizon line

Helped richard finish his album copy- sepperated it into tracks.

Almost time to leave! It's been such a busy day, I need to learn to schedule a meal in somewhere!

I wrap Christina's presents, put them in my backpack, and leave.

On the 460, there's an older man who is leaning over. He spit up a bit of flem. I'm trying to decide if he's sick or just a smoker, my one friend who smokes does that. The black gentleman next to him asks if he's going to throw up. He does't respond in any way. The man is sitting in-between the black gentleman and his girlfriend. The black gentleman changes seats and calls to his girlfriend to change seats too. The other man turns so he's taking up part of all three seats. Maybe he's faking it all to get space. No, wait. He's definitely trying to face forward. I bet he has some motion sickness. These center facing seats would be awful with that. An Asian gentleman gets on, asks the white man to move over, nothing. The Asian guy sits down anyway. The white guy still doesn't move. The Asian guy tries again, using hand signals to how him how he needs to move. He moves a little bit. That's the first time I've seen him respond to anyone. He's still making a point of sitting facing forward, even though the bus seat is facing in. I'm debating asking if he needs help. The fact that I don't know what I could do to help, an that he hasn't responded to anyone talking to him holds me back. Wait, he's getting off here. At least he's where he's going!

At the stop for the 29, there's an older Asian lady here. She wants to talk with me, but doesn't speak much English. She's saying it's really hot, which it is. She says she lives off that way. She has to have walked here with her wheeled cart. She came for the bank, which is behind us. I try to ask her where she's going now. She doesn't understand and I think tells me she is 90. Now she's getting up and leaving. I understand! She walked here. It was so hot she sat down at the covered bus stop to rest before going on to the bank! I definitely didn't get all of that until she got up!

On the 29, there is a all day bus pass on the floor. I pick it up, meaning to leave it on the seat for someone. It's yesterday's date. I wonder if it got dropped here today, or of they didn't clean the bus last night. Probably it just got dropped today. The bus has other trash laying around. I drop the bus pass back down. I don't feel like dealing with someone else's trash right now.

The Hispanic lady that just got on is telling me there's a bus pass on the floor. I tell her it's expired and debate picking it up.

As I leave the bus a Hispanic gentleman who was sitting across from me mentions calls me back, worried I lost my pass. I definitely should have picked it up and just carried it somehow until I could throw it away. Nice to know there are nice people all around though.

There's a young 20's man asking the ladies who got off the bus I'd they know where something is. I think it might be a religious pitch. He has that air. It turns off he's just looking for directions. I ask him what he'a looking for, he says serenity hall. I tell him I don't know where it is, but if he'll follow me across the street to my bus stop, I'll find the directions on my phone for him. He asks if this is Whittier. Boy, is he lost! He doesn't know what address he's going to. I decide to plug the name serenity hall into google maps before searching the web for the address. Hey! It found it! He's only about a mile away! He heads off happy.





No comments:

Post a Comment