13.8.12

Monday 8/13/12

Monday 8/13/12

I feel like I'm not bringing enough. It must be because Monday night movies are over.

Have reports to do. Do what I can, bring the bills along, will scan and Email them from the yoga center.

I think Dr Brad's upset that I haven't been making calls. I feel like there's no time to do anything. It's hard to convey that. Maybe I should stop going to him for now. I have to think about it.

Coming home, need to make deposit, which could make it so I get home later. I. Check google maps. There are a lot of options, all arriving about the same time. Cool! One of the options is taking the 1 for part of the way. I like that  route! I head off on the bus in the opposite direction, make the deposit, then just for fun check google maps again to see what it says. It says I can take a different bus from here and still end up on the same route I wanted. Cool!

Oops! It's supposed to come any minute! I need to figure out which bus stop it is!

I found the right stop. There's a lady here sitting in the grass. I ask her if she's been here awhile. She says yes. That means I haven't missed it! It's late though.

This bus is later and later. If I want to catch the 43 to my original schedule choice I need to leave this stop and go to that stop immediately. I decide to take a chance and stay.

There's the bus!

Right before I got off the bus, a bus passed the stop I need to wait at. I hope it wasn't the bus I need. I'm halfway debating Using the scooter to get from here to pch it seems like it's close. I don't think it's as close as it seems, though. I stay here... And here comes the bus!

Shoot! I was using the version of google maps that offers more options (the one on the web vs the one pre-loaded onto the phone.). It's disadvantage is that it will wipe out your current trip and start over every time you turn your phone back on. Somehow it had held onto trip info through the last stop. I was lulled into feeling it would hold onto it for the whole trip. Now, I'm on the bus, I'm not sure where it wanted me to get off, and it's wiped out the trip. There is no way to tell google maps I'm on a certain bus. I won't be able to get a good trip route again until I pick a stop and get off. At least I know the next bus I catch is the 1. That goes up and down pch. It won't be hard to find a stop for it.

I pull the cord for the bus to stop the minute it turns onto Pch. I'm worried it will turn around soon. I don't know how long I have between buses. That could make me miss the bus.

The stop I've chosen looks pretty desolate. Nothing going on here. I'm the last person on the bus. I ask the bus driver if he goes any further up pch. He says he goes a little farther up. I tell him I'll stay on, that I just need to catch the 1. He asks which direction I need to take the one. I tell him the direction we're going in. We pass one more stop, then he turns, with a bus stop right at the turn. He stops there to let me off and points out where the stop for the 1 is. It's funny! This is the beach stop I've caught the 71 at sometimes.

I go to the bus stop and then check with google maps. I have a half hour before the 1 comes! What a great place to be stuck between buses! It's a lovely day for it too! I set a reminder alarm on my phone and head across the street to the beach! I feel like moving. I don't feel like just staying here. There's a bike / skate path next to the beach. I bet the bus stop where I met Scott before isn't that far away. I'm going to scooter up that. It's lovely scootering here next to the ocean. A big difference being able to do it next to the beach with no cars wizzing by!

I'm here at the stop. I go up to the seats. I'm going to sit and watch the ocean while I wait. No, I'm not. I really want to walk out to the water and I think I have time for it. I'm going to go for it! I scooter down the ramp (major fun,) roll up my pants, take my shoes and socks off and head out onto the sand. This isn't fun. Carrying everything is going to slow me down. I go back to their little barrier wall and set everything but my pod belt and purse down there. I hope everything stays safe! It would mess up the day if anything got taken. I head out across the sand to the water. This is much more fun! This is the life! Wading in the ocean, with sand and little sea shells under my feet! The sunset is beautiful, the Pier is beautiful, it's all beautiful! I walk around for a bit, then it's time to go back.

It's interesting how different the world is over here, next to the bike path, far. Away from the water. I pick up my things, walk up the stairs and sit down on a ledge to put my shoes and socks on. I've got plenty of time.

We've been standing at the street corner forever, waiting for the light to change. The other lady here had pushed the button to cross before I came up, I've been standing here awhile. It hasn't changed. Oh no! There's a bus coming! It must be the 1! The only thing that could save me now is if the stoplight changes before the bus gets to it.

It didn't. The bus is at the stop. I'm still across the street waiting for the light to change. I've been waving at the bus, trying to signal him that I'm here. I don't feel like anyone saw me though.

Wait. It does look like the bus is staying! I wonder if he's waiting for me? I'm trying not to get my hopes up. I know the bus could take off any minute. The light changes. I scooter across the street and to the bus. It waited! I made it! I thank the woman driver for waiting. This is so cool! I made it! I'll have to remember that the bus may come to this stop a few minutes early and that it's a really long light and hold time for that.

Now that I'm on the bus I realize that missing it and having to wait an hour for the next one wouldn't have been that bad. In fact, as long as I can still make all the right connections after, it would have been fine (that's not what I thought a few minutes ago.). Maybe one of these days I'll schedule that, just spend extra time here enjoying the beach.

I knew I had to pay for the 577. I forgot it costs $2.25. I'm frustrated by that. At the same time I'm grateful to have a way home an thrilled to have gotten time at the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment