12.6.12

Tuesday - 6/12/12


6/12/12 - Tuesday

Quiet day
getting a lot accomplished
laundry
signing lease today with prospective tenants.

The one Mama cat had 3 kittens following her yesterday.
Today, there is only one following her and that one has a gash around it's eye.

The tenant who comes has an adult daughter with her.
The daughter tells me she's thrilled that the wild kitten almost let her touch it.
I tell her that I'm going to need to catch the kitten and also about the fact that there were three kittens yesterday and now there is only one.
She turned around without a word, went out, somehow picked up the kitten, came back and dropped it in my arms!
I was SO not ready for that!
Now what am I going to do?  I don't have a cage.

I lock the kitten in my bathroom and use the scooter to go to the store and buy catfood.
Get back, discover it's totally covered with fleas.
Searched the internet for flea dip - tried something - didn't work, though the cat and the fleas are cleaner.
Went back to the store looking for flea dip.
They didn't have any.
Thought about buying the flea stuff for the back of the neck, but was afraid someone else would do that.
No flea combs either.
Settled for a flea collar and a cat brush.
Searched the internet again and found reference to the first step being bathe them in soapy water.  Duh!  All the times I've learned about surface water tension and how the soap breaks that!  That would allow the fleas to drown!
That worked better!

Stayed up till 1am picking fleas off of the kitten.

No comments:

Post a Comment