9.6.12

Saturday - 6/9/12 - fairy pixie day!

6/9/12 - Saturday

Today's fairy pixie day at the one park in orange. Christina and I do this together every year. It's a grandma / granddaughter thing for us. I'm excited. We haven't gotten to do much alone lately. I fell asleep last night without finding a costume for today. So, that's what I'm doing now.... Searching for. A dress to wear. Christina gave me green fairy wings for my birthday. So, I've got that part covered.

Really wanted to wear beaded dress...  so excited it fits me!
And, really does make a great fairy costume!

Opted to make an evening dress into a fairy costume.  More comfortable.  Bummer.  Once I figured out what to do with the neck strap (how not to use it), I really like the dress.  It looks great on me!  It's a shame to cut it up.  I search again for another dress, but don't find any.  This is it!

I'm making raggedy edges, kind of like a tinkerbell fairy look.  This dress is great for that as it has a see-through darker outer layer and a non-see-through medium green inner layer.  After many different tries, I've hit on something I like.  Im making the see-through outer latyer longer and then the inner later shorter,  leaving almost 4  inches of see-through jag.  I've also found I like the inner and outer layers to be differently jagged.  All done!  Just in time too!  I need to pack everything and get out of here!



No comments:

Post a Comment