15.6.12

Friday - 6/15/12

6/15/12 - Friday

Last night I didn't get everything prepped for today. I stayed up late after Scott left, trying to get everything done. At the same time, I was too tired and kept getting distracted. It would have been better to go to bed earlier and get more sleep.

Now, I'm in bed, the alarms gone off. I'm just laying here, thinking I could sleep for 15 more minutes if I set the timer. I'd still be able to get things done and I might feel more rested.

I roll over and look at the clock. What?! It says it's 4:16! I have to be out of here in less than 15 minutes! How did that happen?! I don't remember falling back to sleep. Heck, I don't feel like I slept any more. I must have though! Wow! What do I do now?

Rushing around, trying to get things done. Glad some things were prepped.! Man, things aren't ready for tonight with Mary either! Well, I'll just have to ask her what she wants to do. The one thing I didn't prep that I really need to do is the deposit for villa Tuscany. I'll just grab everything and take it with me. No, wait, I can't do that. I have to scan the checks first. Ok. I think I've just barely got time. I'll stay here, prep the deposit, and go to the alternate bus stop.

It's frustrating because things aren't in the right place. I'm finally out the door. I think I'm still on time. I hope I'm still on time. I turn on my backpack lights and head off.

I'm at the one spot where there isn't a sidewalk. I need to go on the road for the length of one yard. But, there is a semi here, doing a u turn right where I need to go. I'm in a rush, but you just don't argue with a semi. I wait for him to pass and then go on.

Here's the crossing. I haven't seen the bus. I think I'm on time! I'm not allowing myself to look at the time until I get to the bus stop. It'd be horrible to miss the bus because I'm looking at the time!

It's 5:06. I think I'm on time. Here the bus comes! Yay! No, wait, that's a truck. In the dark, from a distance, a lot of things look similar to a bus. I check with google maps. It thinks I've missed the bus and is telling me the next bus will be here in 20 minutes. I could still be OK, on time.

I've been standing here long enough I must have missed the bus. Sigh. I'm glad I can still make it with the next bus, but I don't like getting there just in time. I like being there. Wait! That looks like the bus! It must have been really late! I've still made it! ...no... That was a bakery truck. How funny. I sit down on the sidewalk to wait.

On the bus I keep checking google maps. I'm checking all the major ( and some of the not major) intersections ahead to see if I can get off, catch a more direct bus and get there faster. So far it just keeps telling me I need to get on this bus.

Well, we're almost to the Fullerton park and ride. There have been a few alternative routes, but all of them would have gotten me there later. Time to give up and just accept that this is the best route for right now. Maybe I'll manage to catch the earlier 43. We only get to the stop a few minutes after it leaves.

We're at Disneyland and there's no 43 in sight. Sigh. I sit to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment