10.6.12

Sunday 6/10/12

6/10/12 - Sunday

It's 1am and I'm awake. I know I fell asleep really early last night. I'm still surprised I woke up so early. As much sleep as I've missed the last few days, you'd think my body would want to make some of that up. I've tried to go back to sleep. It's not happening. I might as well get up and do something.

I'm worried about tonight. Sunday night is a late night. That could be hard if I don't get more sleep.

I've got an email from an eBay customer. She found a problem with a skirt she bought. I immediately sent her an email and refund her money. It doesn't happen often, but sometimes I miss a problem. It's a bummer though that it happened. I was hoping to use that money to pay down bills.

Hah! That's funny! I've been waiting for my one thousandth feedback from eBay. It just went to one thousand. It was the lady who found a problem with the skirt. The feedback was positive. She wrote it when it arrived, before she noticed the problem. Funny that was my 1000th feedback.

I don't know what most people would be doing with being given extra hours in the morning. I picture others being really decadent with their extra time. Me? I'm cleaning the kitchen and bathroom floors and really thrilled to have the time to do that. There will be these little spaces in my apartment that are clean!

While doing housework this morning I've been listening to the TED talk series about food on Netflix. They're making me feel really guilty about what I feed my grandchildren when I'm there. Logan and Christina both like chicken nuggets and cheese and goldfish crackers and lately they've started doing breakfast cereals (the kids ones that are all sugar). I've never felt good about feeding them this stuff, heck, I even feel badly microwaving their food, but the other side is that while they get better dinners, this is what they expect for lunch and I haven't taken the effort to train them that they'll need to eat something different when I'm around. I guess you always end up feeling that you're doing something wrong. Now that they're getting older it should be easier to sneak in healthier foods.

I'm updating my spreadsheet of how much I owe who and when payments are due. I know I spent more this month than I should have. I'm kind of dreading seeing the result. Huh. It looks like the balance on my chase card didn't change. That's impossible! Isn't it? I've checked every way I can. Near as I can figure I wrote down the balance last month after I made the payment... And I'm still in the months chase gave me interest free. That's the only explanation I can figure out. Shoot. It's bad. My overall balance has been steadily going down every month. Not by much, but going down. This month, it went up. That's depressing. I know I bought some things for work that I'll be reimbursed for (with the reimbursement check going directly to my credit card). I think still, the best you could say is that I might have "maintained". Probably though the debt went up. Man, that's depressing! I have to somehow get more up on eBay to get more money to clear this up!

The orange county buses changed their schedules today. I've been trying to figure out what time I need to leave home to go to the yoga center. I'm getting really frustrated! Google maps apparently doesn't have the new schedules in yet. So no matter what address I try to go to, they say I either can't get there or can only get there by train. The new OCTA trip planner (which is prettier than the old one) osn't recognizing my address, makes me enter a street crossing of alondra and pioneer and then apparently doesn't use the la buses. It's telling me to go a couple of miles to catch bus 30. The LA metro site (metro.net) does give me a bus route to take, but I have no faith that they have the new orange county times in their system.

I'm now trying to figure it all out using bus schedules. This (reading bus schedules) definitely isn't my strong point! They only list times for certain stops so you need to know which of those stops are before yours. That's hard for me. At least I know which buses I need to take! I'm thinking about printing out or buying the whole orange county bus book, but I'm not sure why. I have a horrible time, looking at the picture they have of each bus line, really knowing where it goes.

Near as I can figure I should leave in about 15 minutes and that should definitely get me to class in time. I think I can even catch the 55 up 17th street. Going home looks awkward though the 55 won't be running and from the schedule I think the 43 is running a shorter route. It looks like they have only one stop anywhere near the yoga center and I'm not sure where that one is! That should be interesting with google maps not pulling up OC bus routes! Oh well, maybe I can catch a ride to harbor and Adams. It's definitely stopping there!

At the bus stop there's a teenage boy here with his scooter. When I pulled up I said hi. He didn't say anything. A few minutes later he asked me if I knew when the bus is coming. I look it up on my cell phone and tell him it's supposed to be here in one minute. After we both laugh about that, I tell him the bus drivers get in trouble of they run early so they're normally a couple minutes late. He asks if he can borrow my phone to make a call. He calls someone and tells someone about his efforts searching for a job. After he gives the phone back to me, he says these phones must be pretty expensive. I tell him I bought this one on contract with AT&T so it wasn't that bad. I explain that I need a phone that does so much since I'm an apartment manager. He's asking questions about being an apartment manager; if you get a discount on your rent, if I need to do maintenance too. I explain that I get my rent free, but don't get any money. So, I have to work elsewhere to pay the other bills. I also explain some of the work involved. The bus comes. Our conversation stops as we go off to our different seats.

At the Disneyland bus stop now. The bus that just pulled up, the lights saying what route it is are very dim. I walk toward it. I think it's the 83, bit I want to make sure. It is the 83, not my bus. I turn to go back and sit down. A black gentleman in his late thirties / early forties asks me for fifty cents. I'm not sure I have anything, but I dig in my bag, find it and give it to him.

Sitting next to me on the bench is an older lady with a walker. She asks me for two dollars for food. I look to see if I have it and give it to her. I know I'm on my crusade to pay off my debts, but every time someone asks me for money it feels like god is asking. I have so much. Sharing / being able to share is a blessing.

I've got my earbuds in, listening to music and I'm typing this blog into the phone (I so love the new blogger interface!). I can still hear though. I heat the lady with the walker asking a gentleman for money. He gives her all the change he has, which isn't much. Five minutes later I see the black gentleman who asked me for the fifty cents ask someone for money.

Here's the bus! Off to class!

I wasn't sure how I was getting home from class.  I've been really hoping I'm not taking the bus home.  That would be too late.  The good news is that Jaitri is here!  She'll probably take me home!  I can relax now and enjoy class!

No comments:

Post a Comment