4.6.12

6/4/12 - monday

6/4/12 - Monday

I'm awake. What time is it? I bet it's close to 3:15, the time the alarm's set for. Yep. It's 3:03. I should go ahead and get up. I've got a lot to do. I can't seem to do it though. I lay back on top of my bed. Next thing I know my alarm is going off. I've got to get up now!

I've still got all my reports to do and a deposit to get ready. I don't know how I'm going to get it all done in time. I should have quit typing way earlier last night so I could do all my reports then. I think this is what you call a "learning experience.". I've now had it reinforced that I want to be totally prepared for the morning the night before, and that there's a time I'm going to fall asleep no matter what. So getting ready for the morning has to happen before that.

Well, I did it. I've done everything I needed to do for work: occupancy report, maintenance request, preparing and copying the checks for deposit, various emails to management. Everything's done except sending the bills to the main office. It's late. I need to get ready and go. I stuff the bills and the rubber stamp I need for them into my backpack. I'll can do them later, at the yoga center.

Rushing now to get myself around: brushing teeth, brushing hair, finding and steaming clothes, packing water and tea. I'm ready to leave! Wait, I can't find my earbuds!

For some reason not being able to find my earbuds has me totally thrown. I new to leave without them, yet here I am searching. Why aren't they here? They are always right here. Wait, that's right! I ride home with Mary on Friday. They could even still be at Avalon.

I take off for the bus stop. It has to be the alternate one this morning.

This is so funny! Friday there was a car parking in the grocery parking lot as I passed by. He parked near the street for awhile in the dark I thought he was waiting at a driveway to pull out. The funny thing is that same car is there, parking in the same place when I'm approximately in the same place too. Deja vu from Friday. Which means I might not make the bus. It was a miracle I made it on Friday. I'm hustling as much as I can. Still, my knee hurts a bit and my hustle may not be that fast. It's been forever since I've had to take the later bus. I don't want to start today!

There's the stoplight and I haven't seen a bus. Maybe I'll make it! Shoot! There's the bus! It's got a green light! I'll never make it! I don't believe it! It stopped at a green light! It's waiting a full cycle! I'm going to make it! How amazing!

On the bus I'm wondering if that's their normal procedure to stop and wait. I don't think he was purposely waiting to give me time. Maybe there's a turn arrow at that light? I don't think so though.

Anyway, I'm on the bus and very, very happy. The sign language lady is here. She's a steady rider now. This time she's sitting with someone else. They're involved in very animated, silent conversation.

My chiropractor wants me to call other yoga centers and arrange meetings with him and the teachers. I think it's a great idea and, of course I'll do it. I think the universe is laughing though. Me and my declaration that I need to do things for me, help me before I take on anything more for other people. This isn't something new though. We talked about this ages ago and I owe him work. So it'll help clear my debt, which is good. I warned him this is a busy week for me so nothing much may happen this week, maybe just information gathering.

My boss is coming over to Avalon at 2pm to move some furniture for me. I'm going over early to clean the place up a bit.

I don't know if he knows about me doing the year without my car or not. I know I haven't told him. I know I can still do a good job, even without the car. I don't want to spark any worry in his brain though. So, I haven't told him. I might have told his parents once when they were over. I don't know if they mentioned it to him or not. Anyway., I've folded my scooter and placed it in a little nook and moved my backpack over to a more inconspicuous place near my desk.

He sent a message saying he was going to be here later and got here even later than that. It's no problem. I'm very grateful for his help! He came with a lot of extra furniture for us to have on hand here

Now, though, it's almost time for me to leave and he's still here. I'm not sure what to do. If I get on my scooter and ride off it makes the fact I'm doing something different very obvious.

Thank goodness! He left 10 minutes before I needed to leave! I didn't have to decide about leaving or staying!

The 43 is late. For a second I thought it was Friday. That's when it's schedule normally screws up but, it's not. It's Monday and it's just late.

The 43 was late enough I might have misses the 460. When I get to the stop there is a Japanese gentleman there immaculately dressed in a taylored business suit and freshly shined shoes. He's doing something on his phone. I think it's so funny that the two of us are here waiting at the same bus stop. Him in his immaculate business suit. Me, with my yoga clothes, purple hair, scooter, backpack and well worn jacket.

I think his being here means I didn't miss the bus, though he might have shown up at the stop right after the bus passed.

Well, it's been over five minutes. I must have missed the bus. I sit down on the sidewalk and prepare to pass the 1/2 hour or so until the next bus.





No comments:

Post a Comment