10.1.13

Thursday - 1/10/2013 - My car may get fixed!

Thursday 1/10/2013

I'm watching my grandkids today.
While they are at school I'm going to take their car and go car shopping.
I have to start figuring out what to do.
I've noticed that there are a lot of car sales places on the one street over in what I think of as the Bario section of Santa Ana.  I'm going to go there and look, just to get an idea of what the prices are.

This has been a very interesting experience, talking with these dealers.
Anytime you ask what the price of a car is, they ask you if you are going to finance it or pay cash.
One dealer finally told me, they pay a fee to the finance company when you finance the car.  So, they charge you a higher price for the car.

I'm at this really small car lot.  There is a guy here, I think he might own the lot.  We are having this weird back and forth conversation, and he's refusing to show me a car!  How funny is that?!  You'd think his business would be to sell cars.  He keeps asking me what I want for a car.  After a year of going without a car my standards are fairly low.  I keep telling him I want a car that: runs and gets decent gas mileage (I do have a long trip from home to work) and is fairly low price.  That's it.  He's refusing to show me a car because I'm not more detailed on what I want, and that is what I want.

I tell him I have a car that I love that's parked in a garage and will probably be torn apart and sold for pieces (my current plan), because it needs a new transmission and isn't worth the $3000 for a new transmission.  He tells me it isn't his place to say, but I was quoted too much for the transmission.  I tell him I got a couple different quotes and they all say approximately the same thing, and on top of that, none of them gives a guarantee and it's too much money for me to spend right now to not know if it's going to work.

He never does show me a car, not even one car.  Instead he gives me the information for the person who does his transmissions.  I get in Tracye's car and drive off confused.  Then, I look at the paper he gave me and the address is close by.  I might as well go talk to them.

At the transmission place, the guy is almost acting as if he knew I was coming.  Maybe the car dealer called him? 

I don't believe this!  He just gave me a quote of $1300 to fix the car, without seeing the car!  He also said he will give me a one year guarantee!  Wow.  I feel like things suddenly became possible!

It's odd that the price he's quoting is within the credit I have on the new card, even interest free for a bit, and 1/2 of the price of anyone else who quoted fixing the car!  And, with a 1 year guarantee!  No one else was guaranteeing anything!

I wonder if the dealership guy called and asked him to give me a special dealership rate or something.  However it went, I feel so grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment