16.1.13

Wednesday 1/16/2013 - I pick up my Car!

Wednesday 01/16/2013

I have Tracye's car, but have to return it today.
I didn't get out of the house in time and decided to run errands anyway.  So I've purposely missing the bus I was supposed to take to get to work on time from dropping the car off at Tracye's.

I grabbed food to take with me, but of course didn't actually eat it.

I got involved in watching the kids play a new game so got to the bus stop in time to miss that bus by 3 minutes.

I was debating staying there to catch the next bus bus and trying to get to work a different way when 2 women walked up and started smoking with the smoke blowing right at me.  I ended up figuring out there was a different way to go that would get me there a whole 14 minutes earlier and decided to take that,  leaving the smoke behind for a different bus stop.

I got to that bus stop a hole 1/2 a minute before the bus.
A lady with baby sat next to me.  I held her bag on my lap for most of the way so she'd have a place to sit.

I thought I'd have time to munch a little bit between buses...  but the bus I was supposed to transfer to arrived right as the bus I'd been on pulled out.

I'm on my way to work on that bus.  I'll be arriving an hour late to work.  Sigh.  

My phone rings.  I don't take it because I feel it's rude to do on the bus.  But, I decide to listen to the message afterward (which I don't often do - buses being noisy).  It was the auto shop telling me that my car was ready.

I was wondering if I dare take time off work to go from work...  and if they would pick me up from work...  then I realized that I might be able to get there easier from somewhere on the bus route.  I looked at my gps and realized that right now the bus is crossing the street the shop is on, though judging by the numbers it looks like the shop is far away.

I ran a google maps thing on it and it said to get off this bus and get on another in just two minutes.  I get off at the next stop.  Before I manage to figure out if I was at the right stop  a bus came and I got on it just in case.  

It took me right to the door (well, across the street) from the auto shop!  It turns out the auto show was probably being only a mile away from where I'd gotten off the bus before.  I almost didn't have time to re-orient google maps before I had to get off.

So, now I have my car!

It drives fine!  I still have to get it smogged and licensed

What are the odds though?!  I mean I had to be on a different bus than I would normally take...  and I had to be traveling later...  but to be within a mile and easy access to the auto repair shop right when they called to say it was ready?!   Pretty darn amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment