12.1.13

Saturday 1/12/2012 - Took the car to the Transmission shop

Saturday 1/12/2012

I've been worried about how to get the car to the transmission place.  I don't want to spend the money to tow it and it was still drive-able when I parked it, but the transmission was dying quickly.

I've decided to drive down there this morning.  The traffic should be light since it's a Saturday.
Charles is going to follow me in case I have problems and to bring me back home afterward.

Well, they have the car.  The trip down went fine, though I was worried the whole way.  Also, the car was pulling a little to the right all the way down so there may be something else that needs fixed too.  I made sure to tell them about it.  
They are looking at it today and will call me later.  :-)

I called Chase once again to complain about having such a high interest rate..
The girl noticed I'd been using the card again (Christmas, etc..) and asked if I would want to move my available balance to one of my other chase cards.  I never even knew you could do that!
So, I still have money on that card that still has a high interest rate.
...but the excess usable balance is now on a card with a lower (OK, not great but lower rate) oh and that card has 0% interest till August on it!
So now I'm trying to figure complex transfer schemes to see about transferring as much of the money out of the high interest account as I can...  (chase won't let you transfer money owed within chase...  but they will gladly transfer money from a non chase card, and then that one might be used to get the money out of the chase account, etc...) 

I'd much rather just pay everything off, but lower interest does make it easier to pay things off.

No comments:

Post a Comment