30.11.12

Friday - 11/30/12 - rain

Friday - 11/30/12

I'm awake. The alarm has gone off. I'm sitting here in bed, listening to the rain. I love the sound of the rain, but not today. Today I have to go to travel in it. I don't love that. I love teaching yoga though and this is part of what I do to be able to do that. I'm taking a few moments to focus on and remember the positive and remember how wonderful my life is (and it really is) before I get up and start moving.

It's been awhile since I've taken the bus in the rain. Definitely a while since it's been both cold and raining. I pulled out my boots. I guess I'll take my heavy winter gloves. They look more waterproof. It will be my first day testing out my new Rain jacket. It's lightweight. So I'm going to try wearing it over my sweatshirt jacket. They both have hoods. It should work.

I'm on the way to the bus stop. It's not that bad. It's a steady, heavy misty rain. In the dark it's giving everything an otherworldly quality. I didn't think to pull out rain pants to wear. I'm a little worried that my pants will be soaked by the time I get to the yoga center. I could have at least brought an extra pair. It's all just theory now and planning for the next time It's too late to go back.

Oh no! I was sure I was on time. I just saw the bus pas in front of me though! I'm a full block away from the bus stop. There isn't anything to do except keep going and take the later bus. It's been ages since I've missed the bus! What a day for it to happen too!

At the bus stop. I've got a half hour to wait for the next bus. The bench is covered in rain. I would definitely have soaked pants if I sat down there. There's one little patch of concrete, next to the bench that looks mostly dry. I sit on it to wait.

Sitting here watching the misty rain is nice. This is what we teach in yoga, staying in the moment and enjoying. I can let my mind worry about that last part of the trip that I may have to do on the scooter, I can worry about making it to the yoga center in time, or about how wet I'll get by the time I get there. I can't influence any of those thing right now. Worrying doesn't help. I could have my mind on all of that and not be happy, or I can sit here, in the now, and enjoy the beauty and the peace of this moment. It's lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment